The GeoAcademy is pleased to announce the launch of their new Introduction to Geospatial Technology Curriculum. The curriculum will be based on the latest version of QGIS, version 2.8.1 Wien which is a long term release (LTR).
The curriculum is a complete package of five GIS courses leading to a Certificate of Proficiency in QGIS from the Del Mar College continuing education program. The five courses will be offered in a limited-enrollment online class format (25 students maximum), taught by leading GIS professional educators (GISP & PhD) who created the course material. I am one of the instructors.
The first course, GST 101—Introduction to Geospatial Technology Using QGIS 2.8.1 will begin April 3, 2015 to be followed each month by a new course through August 2015. Tuition is $25 USD per course, or a total of $125 for all five in the Certificate of Proficiency. The courses include:
- GST 101—Introduction to Geospatial Technology Using QGIS 2.8.1 (April 2015)
- GST 102—Spatial Analysis Using QGIS 2.8.1 (May 2015)
- GST 103—Data Acquisition & Management Using QGIS 2.8.1 (June 2015)
- GST 104—Cartography Using QGIS 2.8.1 (July 2015)
- GST 105—Remote Sensing Using QGIS 2.8.1 and GRASS 7.0 (August 2015)
Anyone interested in learning more about the offer or enrolling should contact the GeoAcademy director: Phillip Davis at (361) 698-1476 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org