The summer and fall went by so quickly! Unfortunately this blog necessarily took a backseat to the actual work. Thankfully the holidays have given me time to reflect on 2013. Professionally it was a fantastic year filled with great projects. Below are some of the highlights, in no particular order.
- ~400 maps produced
- Modeled potential and suitable beaver habitat in New Mexico
- Traveled to Seattle, WA and Honolulu, HI to train people in an open source data collection workflow
- Taught the 5th installment of the Introduction to Open Source Software and Web Mapping at CNM...the best one yet!
- Attending FOSS4G NA in Minneapolis, MN
- Supporting the Wildlands Networks TrekWest with route maps
- Applied GIS to a wide variety of topics: wildfire, wildlife habitat protection, public health, wilderness proposals, travel management analysis, water rights, industrial noise, and parcel mapping.
Suitable Beaver Habitat
A tour of the Moana Lo'i (tarot field) and native Hawaiian permaculture
TrekWest Route map